The negotiations are reported to stall for a while, but is it really true?
- The talks between Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain are still ongoing, that was twice confirmed by PSG’s sporting director Leonardo.
- The two clubs held their first negotiations earlier on Tuesday.
- They didn’t reach any formal agreement, though.
- PSG are unhappy with the players offered by Barca; the Parisians keep pushing for getting Coutinho and Semedo while the Catalans’ plan is to sell Ivan Rakitic instead of the Portuguese (L’Equipe).
- Real Madrid are still in the run, however, the Los Blancos seem to be less engaged than Barca as Neymar’s purchase is only Florentino Perez’s matter of concern (Mundo Deportivo).
- The talks are considered to be stalled due to Barca’s decision to pass their turn to Neymar (Sport).
- Still, it’s believed that the negotiations are continued “in silence” while Barca’s delegation has scheduled another Paris meeting on Monday, August 19 (ESPN; SoccerLink).
- With the transfer window closing in half a month and Neymar lacking fitness, we expect the talks to take a while.
- Neymar’s future is not with PSG but we’ll likely find out the end of the saga only at the end of August.
Follow our socials Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Google News.
Discussion about this post