Lipstick helps the face to pop and it also serves as a fashion statement. While some people are bold with their colours, some just use colours that are not loud. If you are tired of spending your money on this fashion necessity, below are ways you can make them yourself.
- 1 teaspoon Vaseline or Petroleum jelly or Beeswax
- 1 teaspoon Oil (coconut oil, vegetable oil, olive oil or baby oil)
- 1 teaspoon Shea butter or Cocoa butter
- ¼ teaspoon Bentonite Clay (for the matte texture)
- A small round container
For the matte color you can either use eye shadow or you can pick other natural alternatives such as:
- Red: 1/8 teaspoon of beetroot powder or 1 drop of natural red food coloring.
- Brown/ Tan: a ¼ teaspoon of organic cocoa powder or a tiny pinch of cinnamon.
- If you are using beeswax then melt the beeswax, Shea/cocoa butter, and oil.
- If you are using Vaseline or petroleum jelly then simply mix it with Shea/ cocoa butter and oil.
- Now add the Bentonite clay to the mixture to achieve the matte texture in your lipstick and mix it well.
- If you have used the Vaseline or petroleum jelly then simply transfer the mixture in the dish and now your matte lipstick is ready to use.
- But if you have used the beeswax then your lipstick is still in a liquid state. Pour it in the container such that it is a little below the top. This is because the lipstick will expand as it cools down.
- Then you can put your matte lipstick in a cool and dry place under 80 degrees or else it will soften.
Before you use it;
- Hydrate them by applying a lip balm.
- Follow the contours of your lips with an eyeliner pencil of the same shade as your chosen lipstick.
- First, apply a small amount of foundation on your lips with a sponge or brush.
- Apply the matte lipstick with the help of a specific brush and then dab your lips with a piece of toilet paper.
Follow our socials Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Google News.
Discussion about this post