- According to the local media, the Catalans are particularly worried by the Brazilian’s injury history.
- They have reportedly asked for the medical advice from various doctors, including Neymar’s surgeon.
- Barca are said to be concerned by Neymar’s right ankle and metatarsal as they fear of the potential setback.
According to Paris United, the local French media, Barcelona may decide against bringing Neymar back because of his injury history. The Brazilian’s neverending issues with his metatarsal, as well as ankle problems, are reportedly worrying the Catalan giants significantly.
That’s why they have asked for medical advice from various doctors, as per the same source. They have even reached out Ramon Cugat, highly trustworthy surgeon who has already operated on Neymar’s metatarsal earlier this year.
Neymar’s most problematic area is his right ankle and metatarsal. The Catalans are reportedly concerned with the possibility of yet another setback.
The Brazilian missed several months because of the metatarsal injury in 2018 as he was at risk of missing the World Cup in Russia. The next year, he suffered a setback and was unavailable for the crucial Champions League two-legged fixture against Manchester United.
Neymar’s injury woes didn’t end up here: the last-minute ankle injury ruled him out of the Copa America campaign this summer.
During his Blaugrana times, Neymar missed just 29 games due to various injuries between 2013 and 2017. At PSG, however, he wasn’t available for 48 matches in just two seasons, as per Transfermarkt.
Neymar has been suffering problems in his right foot since his first season in France. Here is a short record of his injuries:
- Broken bone in right foot (surgery)
- Same broken bone (four-month recovery)
- Ankle sprain (one-month recovery)