- PSG know they won’t be able to keep the Brazilian at the club.
- Thus, the Parisians want to retain the most part of the 222 million euros they paid for the Brazilian.
- Barca don’t have that much.
- This makes Real Madrid the favourites to complete the deal for the Brazilian.
Paris Saint-Germain have apparently come to terms with the impossibility to keep Neymar at the club even for another season. But they are not giving up so quickly.
The Parisians’ owners from Qatar want to be properly compensated financially if the Brazilian is to leave Parc des Princes. According to Le Parisien, PSG are asking for ‘at least 200 million euros’ for Neymar, as they look to retain the majority of 222 million euros they spent on the forward back in 2017.
In this case, Real Madrid are overwhelming favourites to complete the deal for the Brazilian as Barcelona can’t afford to spend such a sum on Ney.
Reportedly, Los Blancos have also offered Neymar a five-year contract worth €40m after tax per season, meaning that during the five years, the forward will earn €200m clean. This is actually more than the Brazil international currently earns at the Ligue 1 outfit. Moreover, it would make the 27-year-old the second best-paid player, only behind Leo Messi.
Here are all the latest details you need to know about Neymar’s transfer, as per reliable RAC1:
- Barcelona have been very active over the past week.
- Valverde has given his OK on the signing, the technical staff also approves.
- Bartomeu heads the negotiations.
- Next week Barcelona will go on offensive to finish the signing.
- Neymar’s desire is key, the Brazilian only wants Barca.
- Last week, Barcelona sent an official bid.
- PSG responded with their offer.
- Players that have been mentioned in the deal are: Philippe Coutinho, Ousmane Dembele, Jean-Clair Todibo and Nelson Semedo.
- Barcelona would still prefer a loan with a compulsory buy.