The wonders of lemon and its juice when it comes to skin remedies cannot be overemphasized.
Most beauty products that have this green and often times yellow fruit as one of its ingredients tend to give amazing results in terms of how best it solves the blemish at hand.
In other words, Lemon contains nutrients that are highly beneficial to the skin. To tap fully into these benefits, here are some of the best result-driven ways to make use of this fruit in your daily beauty routine:
Make a homemade exfoliator for dry or rough skin.
Mix ½ cup (118ml) of lemon juice, one tbsp. (15ml) of olive oil and one tbsp. (15ml) of honey with a whisk.
Add ½ cup (113g) of granulated sugar and stir until it has a thick consistency.
- Apply the sugar scrub in a circular motion mid-shower or mid-bath, concentrating on problem areas like the soles of your feet, elbows and bikini area.
- Repeat at least once per week.
Make your own toner to apply to oily skin.
Combine two tbsp. (30ml) of lemon juice with ½ cup (59.5g) of diced cucumber and three cups (709ml) of cold water.
Mix and apply using a cotton ball when your skin needs to be freshened.
- Store this mixture in the refrigerator. It keeps up to one week.
Lighten acne scars with lemon juice
Apply lemon juice onto thick cotton wool or ball and then onto your face.
Allow the lemon juice to rest on your face for 20 minutes, and then rinse off with warm water. Apply sunscreen as soon as it has dried, if done during the day. If night, make to follow up with a suitable moisturizer.
- Use this treatment every day for several months.
- Don’t use lemon juice to lighten skin if you have sensitive or dry skin.
- You can also apply this method to scars or spots on other parts of your body.
Use lemon juice to remove blackheads even if you have combination or oily skin.
Slice a lemon in half, remove the seeds and rub it in a circular motion around problem areas on your face.
Wait five minutes and rinse with cold water.
- Lemon juice’s high acid content and antibacterial properties can treat inflammation and help dissolve blackheads.
- Avoid this treatment if you have dry and sensitive skin since a lemon’s acid can cause redness and remove oil from the skin.
Follow our socials Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Google News.
Discussion about this post