Even though Waffles are typically a breakfast staple that always makes us smile, it also serves as a good dessert at any time of the day. For those who are quite spontaneous with food and are wondering how to prepare this yummy treat, here’s a simple and quick recipe you can try out at home:
- Ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. [Just whisk them all together in a big bowl.]
- Then, whisk together the buttermilk, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir the liquid mixture into the dry on. Don’t overdo it, or your waffles could come out tough.
- Just scoop the batter into your preheated waffle maker, and leave for some minutes. You will know your waffles are ready when it is golden brown and a little crisp on the outside.
Despite now knowing how this sumptuous breakie or dinner is made, it does no harm to also know amazing facts about it (in celebration of National Waffles Day tomorrow, August 24):
1. Waffles have been eaten since the 14th century.
2. Nike’s first pair of sneakers, Waffle Trainers, were made using a real waffle iron.
3. “Waffle” descends from the Dutch word for “wafer.”
4. The world’s biggest waffle was 8 feet long and weighed 110 pounds.
5. Thomas Jefferson brought the first waffle iron to America.
6. The record for most waffles eaten in 10 minutes is 29 waffles.
7. Belgium waffles were originally called Brussels waffles.
Follow our socials Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Google News.
Discussion about this post