How to make Garden Egg Sauce – Garden egg is a good source of dietary fibre, as well as other mineral and vitamins such as vitamin B1, potassium, folate, manganese, magnesium, copper, Vitamin B6, niacin. It Promotes Weight Loss, Rich in Antioxidants and so much more. Try this very simple recipe, you will not regret it.
Read Also: The Yummy Goodness Of Vanilla Pudding
- 10 large garden eggs
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of palm oil
- 1 large onion (Thinly Sliced or diced)
- 2 large Bell peppers, 2 hot peppers (Atarodo), roughly blended
- Smoked & Dried fish (Cleaned)
- 2 Tablespoons of blended crayfish
- Seasoning cubes & Salt to taste
- Wash the garden egg, remove the stalk and dice (Try to make sure they are cube-like as this will make mashing easy)
- Put the garden eggs in a pot with water, add some salt and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or till the garden eggs are soft enough to be mashed. Blend the pepper to a rough texture.
- After you’ve checked that the garden eggs are soft, drain and mash (Some people like to peel the outer layer before mashing)
- Pour the palm oil in a frying pan, add your thinly sliced or diced onion and fry on medium heat, this should take about 3 to 5 minutes
- Add the pepper, seasoning, salt, dried and smoked fish, prawns and leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Finally, add the garden eggs and stir for another 3 minutes.
Your yummy garden egg sauce is ready.