Afriupdate News
Friday, August 29, 2025
  • Home
  • NewsNew
    • Headlines
    • Africa
    • Nigeria
    • National
    • World
    • Politics
  • Life
    • Beauty
    • Culture
    • Entertainment
    • Events
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health & Wellness
    • Love and Relationships
    • Travel and Places
    • Music
    • TV Series
    • What’s New
  • Sports
    • Boxing
    • Football
    • Tennis
    • Other Sports
  • Business
    • Insurance
  • Technology
    • Social media
    • Gadgets
  • Features
    • Guide & Tips
    • Jobs
    • Scholarship
    • Reviews
    • Opinion
  • Submit a News TipGot Tips?
GET NEWS ALARTS
No Result
View All Result
Friday, August 29, 2025
Afriupdate News
No Result
View All Result
Afriupdate News
No Result
View All Result
ALERTS
  • News
  • Headlines
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Features
  • Life
  • Sports
  • Technology
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Sports

‘Nigeria, Sierra Leone games strategic for NCF’s elite development project’

Abraham by Abraham
October 22, 2021
in Sports
0
‘Nigeria, Sierra Leone games strategic for NCF’s elite development project’
PHOTO: Nigeria Cricket Federation

The Nigeria Cricket Federation (NCF) has said the T-20I Bilateral series between the national men’s team, Yellow-Greens and the Sierra Leonean national team, which started on Tuesday at the University of Lagos Cricket Oval, is part of the federation’s elite cricket development plan.

Speaking in Lagos ahead of the first in the six matches scheduled for the tie, Femi Solebo, the Local Organising Committee (LOC) chairman of the Series and NCF board member, said the federation plans to keep the national team in good shape and primed for international encounters, citing a new strategic way of operation by the newly elected board.

“The games against Sierra Leone have historical and developmental relevance to all that we do. We intend to keep the national teams busy while expanding our development agendas. This particular encounter will help us prime our players for the forthcoming T-20 World Cup Qualifiers. But among other things will also help us size up the options we have for the national team, keeping in mind the huge investments at grassroots and age-grade cricket development,’’ he said.

The new NCF board, led by Uyi Akpata, has set a target of 250, 000 new recruitments into the game yearly through an expansive development campaign that is driven by the school system and that will provide the bedrock for development in both boys and girls categories.

MORE FROM AFRIUPDATE

Nigeria launches export initiative to promote intra-Africa trade

Nigeria launches export initiative to promote intra-Africa trade

June 12, 2025
Nigerian MP caught on camera assaulting delivery driver

Nigerian MP caught on camera assaulting delivery driver

October 29, 2024
Fuel Subsidy Removal Plans Pinned Back by Widespread Protests

Fuel Subsidy Removal Plans Pinned Back by Widespread Protests

August 10, 2024
General view of the market in Jibia on February 18, 2024. (Photo by Kola Sulaimon / AFP)

Nigeria’s Inflation Rate Hits 34.19% Amid Rising Food Cost

July 15, 2024
ADVERTISEMENT

Nigeria’s Head Coach and High-Performance Manager, Asanka Gurursinha, said the national team is ready for the Series and there have been changes made since the last Tri-Series tournament in Uganda last month.

Nigeria’s games against Sierra Leone were held back-to-back daily, from Tuesday to yesterday at the UNILAG Cricket Oval, before their first break today.

Three other matches are scheduled before their departure on October 27.

The Nigerian team will participate in the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) T-20 World Cup qualifier for Africa in Rwanda in November 2021.

ADVERTISEMENT

Follow our socials Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Google News.

Related topics: NCFNigeriaNigeria Cricket FederationSierra Leone
ShareTweetSendShare
ADVERTISEMENT
Next Post
SOUTH AFRICA- Kruger National Park  African Elephant (Loxodonta). (Photo by: Edwin Remsburg/VW Pics via Getty Images)

Suspected poacher killed by elephant in South Africa

Agnes Tirop to be buried in Kenya on Saturday

Colonel Mamady Doumbouya (C) and his team of Guinean special Forces listen as he holds talks with religious leaders at the Peoples Palace in Conakry on September 14, 2021. – Colonel Mamady Doumbouya’s special forces on September 5, 2021 seized Alpha Conde in a Coup, the West African state’s 83-year-old president, a former champion of democracy accused of taking the path of authoritarianism. (Photo by JOHN WESSELS / AFP)

Guinea military leader names figures from ousted administration as ministers

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact us
  • Advertisement
  • Privacy Policy

© 2023 Afriupdate News. All Rights Reserved

Welcome Back!

Sign In with Google
Sign In with Linked In
OR

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Sign Up with Google
Sign Up with Linked In
OR

Fill the forms bellow to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
  • Sign Up
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Headlines
    • Africa
    • Nigeria
    • National
    • World
    • Politics
  • Life
    • Beauty
    • Culture
    • Entertainment
    • Events
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health & Wellness
    • Love and Relationships
    • Travel and Places
    • Music
    • TV Series
    • What’s New
  • Sports
    • Boxing
    • Football
    • Tennis
    • Other Sports
  • Business
    • Insurance
  • Technology
    • Social media
    • Gadgets
  • Features
    • Guide & Tips
    • Jobs
    • Scholarship
    • Reviews
    • Opinion
  • Submit a News Tip

© 2023 Afriupdate News. All Rights Reserved