Only 1 team have suffered more from Leo than the Rojiblancos as the Argentine is now on the 4-game goalscoring run against them.
Goals galore from Leo Messi are expected tonight as the Argentine faces Atletico Madrid, his second favourite opponents.
Here are 5 key facts behind Leo’s duel with the Rojiablancos, provided by Transfermarkt:
- Messi has won 24 out of 41 games against Atletico, drawing the other 10 and losing just 7 times.
- Barca’s marksman has scored 32 goals against them: only Sevilla have suffered more from Leo’s genius.
- Messi has either scored or provided an assist in 8 out of the last 10 La Liga games between Barca and Atleti.
- He has also found the net against the Rojiblancos in 4 back-to-back matches in all competitions.
- Finally, Leo is Diego Simeone’s true nemesis: the Atletico coach has NEVER managed to beat Barca in La Liga.
How many goals do you expect Leo to score tonight? Share your predictions in the comments!