The Catalans will avoid Liverpool, Bayern and City unless they lose big against Juve.
Last week, Barcelona qualified for the Champions League round of 16. The Catalans will top the group unless they lose to Juventus by 3 goals next Tuesday.
So, let’s take a look at the potential opponents that Barca can go up against in the next round of the competition.
The options in brackets are less likely – Barca won’t face them unless the Catalans drop to the second place.
- Group A: RB Salzburg (Bayern Munich if Barca finish 2nd)
- Group B: Borussia Monchengladbach, Shakhtar Donetsk or Inter Milan
- Group C: Porto (Manchester City if Barca finish 2nd)
- Group D: Ajax or Atalanta (Liverpool if Barca finish 2nd)
- (Group E: Chelsea if only Barca finish 2nd)
- Group F: Borussia Dortmund, Lazio or Club Brugge
- Group H: Manchester United, PSG or RB Leipzig
As a reminder, clubs from the same group and the same country won’t face each other in the last 16.
Who would you want our opponent to be in the next round? Share your choice down below!