Barca looking to win their first match after the international break!
- 45+: Atletico open the score after a defensive blunder from Barca. Ter Stegen goes up but Carrasco beats him to open the score.
husky2023 on Reddit: “NOW THEIR GONNA PARK THE BUS AS ALWAYS.”
TER STEGEN WHY????.!?:?:!?.!?/?:?? WHY
— Barça Pictures #14 (@Barca__pictures) November 21, 2020
pregra on Barca Forum: “Stupid stupid stupid. first Pique and then Ter Stegen. Right now I cant stand a single one of our players. Everyone is a joke”
- 41-45′: Barca get their first shot on goal as Messi attempts to beat Oblak from a tight angle. Dembele holding his shoulder after a foul from Carrasco. Luckily enough, the Frenchman didn’t need to be replaced.
JRBatHolmes: “Things off the pitch taking too much of a toll on Messi..Man, I’ve never called him out even when everyone blamed him walking throughout the match.. But today, I can’t help but think that his mind’s not on the pitch..”
Pedri has been very poor so far. Losing balls, no danger at all from him. Also why didn't he run toward the goal there to help Messi out, he just stood there.
— allasFCB (@allas_FCB) November 21, 2020
serghei on Barca Forum: “Messi made a good run, but ffs, just take a touch and blast it on the far corner. Or shoot powerfully at the first post towards the roof of the net. Man’s finishing just collapsed.”
Enhance your match experience by also following our live statistical coverage of tonight’s game.
- 31-40‘: The game has gotten quieter with both Barca and Atleti trying to build from the back. However, nothing important happened during this period of time.
Pjanic is balling today. If Koeman can't see the difference, he never will.
— kevinwilliams (@kevvwill) November 21, 2020
Mad-Max21 on Reddit: “Midfield is not great, de Jong looks average most of the time tbh. Also left side is dead, should start Konrad over Pedri.”
- 21-30‘: Atletico have been very active upfront, it looks like they want to get a goal in the first half before they park the bus. Barca, meanwhile, have been rather quiet as the Catalans struggle to keep possession.
Neeraj on Barca Forum: “Game started off with a good tempo but has gotten stale since then. Pedri on the LW has not been involved at all.”
Such a shame that Barca don’t have one elite 1v1 defender in the whole team. Makes every situation where we don’t have the numerical superiority dangerous. None of the defenders attacking their attackers, all backing off.
A shame because there is a good team to work with.
— Messi, Laporta, Cruyff, Burofax. En este orden. (@MoRosement) November 21, 2020
alcome1614 on Reddit: “Roberto is playing really good so far. The midfield tho and Pedri are not convincing imo. Thank god (MaTS) the initial madness died down, we could have easily conceded there.”
- 11-20‘: Barca and Atletico keep up the intensity but the goalscoring chances have become rarer. The Catalans could’ve opened the score but Dembele’s pass to Griezmann got intercepted.
messi2140 on Barca Forum: “Dembelinho is just too good. 3 minutes in and he created a chance for Barca and almost one for Atletico #GOAT.”
JurijFedorov on Reddit: “This is the first season I’ve followed Barca where most teams try to attack us instead of playing super defensively. So far it has worked in our advantage.”
LosTerminators on Reddit: “Impressed by how good we’re when on the ball, but when they’re coming at us it feels as if every attack could end in a goal.”
- 1-10‘: A very active start of the game from both teams with decent goalscoring chances on both ends of the pitch. Barca’s intensity has been applaudable, although the defence is still shaky as Atletico hit the crossbar.
Frenkie needs to work on his tackles man. Players are blowing by him easily.
— Frenkie Chief 🇳🇱 (@FrenkieStats) November 21, 2020
dwilliam24 on Reddit: “Atleti looking more like Barça then we are…lmao”
TheTurtleOne on Reddit: “Dembele is finally playing like we expected him to play. Who would have thought that he only needed playtime.”
- Good evening, cules! Tonight Barca take on Atletico Madrid away at Wanda Metropolitano in La Liga.