Tomorrow is the due date for Barca to confirm the referendum dates, and if they can’t delay it, there’s a good chance the board leaves.
- Josep Maria Bartomeu could offer the whole board to resign on Monday, October 26, if the Catalonia Government approve November 1 and 2 as the referendum dates, Diario Sport and Onda Cero report.
- According to reputable Diario AS journalist Javi Miguel, the information was leaked by Barcelona’s vice-president Jordi Cardoner.
- The club believes that the offered dates for the referendum puts at risk the health of the voters as there’s been an increase in coronavirus cases in the region.
- The Catalan government has issued a curfew and declared a state of alarm in the city but they still have no problem with Barca holding a referendum which would involve tens of thousands of people.
- Bartomeu believes that the referendum must be held but he doesn’t want to put in danger the lives of the club members.