Afriupdate News
Friday, August 29, 2025
  • Home
  • NewsNew
    • Headlines
    • Africa
    • Nigeria
    • National
    • World
    • Politics
  • Life
    • Beauty
    • Culture
    • Entertainment
    • Events
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health & Wellness
    • Love and Relationships
    • Travel and Places
    • Music
    • TV Series
    • What’s New
  • Sports
    • Boxing
    • Football
    • Tennis
    • Other Sports
  • Business
    • Insurance
  • Technology
    • Social media
    • Gadgets
  • Features
    • Guide & Tips
    • Jobs
    • Scholarship
    • Reviews
    • Opinion
  • Submit a News TipGot Tips?
GET NEWS ALARTS
No Result
View All Result
Friday, August 29, 2025
Afriupdate News
No Result
View All Result
Afriupdate News
No Result
View All Result
ALERTS
  • News
  • Headlines
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Features
  • Life
  • Sports
  • Technology
ADVERTISEMENT
Home News Nigeria National

DHQ insists attack on Zulum’s convoy not sabotage

Abraham by Abraham
August 7, 2020
in National
0

‘DICON will supply military equipment to fight terrorism’

The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has said that the attack on Borno State Governor Babagana Zulum in Baga is not military sabotage.

Following the conclusion of investigation into the attack, the Coordinator, Defence Media Operations, Maj.-Gen. John Enenche, stated in Abuja yesterday that the governor’s accusation of the army as responsible for the unfortunate incident had been found to be untrue.

“We have investigated the governor’s claims and found them to be false.”

MORE FROM AFRIUPDATE

Governor Babagana Zulum TWITTER/GOVBORNO

Borno market fire victims get N1b relief

March 1, 2023
People assess the damage after a fire broke out at the Maiduguri Monday Market in Maiduguri on February 26, 2023. (Photo by Audu MARTE / AFP)

Market Fire: Zulum announces N1bn emergency support for victims

February 26, 2023
Troops neutralise 26 suspected Boko Haram terrorists in Borno

Troops neutralise 26 suspected Boko Haram terrorists in Borno

December 24, 2022
DHQ declares 19 terrorists wanted, places N5m bounty on each

DHQ declares 19 terrorists wanted, places N5m bounty on each

November 14, 2022
ADVERTISEMENT

Zulum had alleged that some elements in the army were trying to frustrate the effort of the government in ending the insurgency.

His words: “We analysed the video. Even from the gunshot, you will discover that it is not the conventional weapon that we use.”

He reiterated the commitment of the armed forces in ridding the nation of its myriad security challenges.
DEFENCE Industries Corporation of Nigeria (DICON), Kaduna State, says it is working round the clock to meet the armed forces’ demands of more military hardware to fight against terrorism in the country.

Director-General of DICON, Major Gen. Victor Ezugwu, made this known while receiving the leadership of Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) who were in Kaduna to see how the company was faring and to see possible areas of collaboration.

ADVERTISEMENT

Ezugwu expressed the readiness of Nigeria’s premier military industry to partner with the Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) to promote local content in its productions.

Fielding questions from newsmen shortly after the visit at DICON, Ezugwu hinted that the company was using a little above 40 per cent local content in its production, with the aim of reaching about 55 per cent by the end of the year.

President of NSE, Babagana Mohammed, commended the company for putting local content development on the front burner, saying the Federal Government should deliberately support local content in the overall interest of the country.

Follow our socials Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Google News.

Related topics: Babagana ZulumBornoDHQ
ShareTweetSendShare
ADVERTISEMENT
Next Post
Buhari. Photo: TWITTER/NIGERIAGOV

FG hiding under COVID-19 to shrink civil space, says CDD

Banks owe telecoms operators N17 billion in USSD charges

Banks owe telecoms operators N17 billion in USSD charges

Residents protest killings in Katsina villages

Residents protest killings in Katsina villages

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact us
  • Advertisement
  • Privacy Policy

© 2023 Afriupdate News. All Rights Reserved

Welcome Back!

Sign In with Google
Sign In with Linked In
OR

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Sign Up with Google
Sign Up with Linked In
OR

Fill the forms bellow to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
  • Sign Up
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Headlines
    • Africa
    • Nigeria
    • National
    • World
    • Politics
  • Life
    • Beauty
    • Culture
    • Entertainment
    • Events
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health & Wellness
    • Love and Relationships
    • Travel and Places
    • Music
    • TV Series
    • What’s New
  • Sports
    • Boxing
    • Football
    • Tennis
    • Other Sports
  • Business
    • Insurance
  • Technology
    • Social media
    • Gadgets
  • Features
    • Guide & Tips
    • Jobs
    • Scholarship
    • Reviews
    • Opinion
  • Submit a News Tip

© 2023 Afriupdate News. All Rights Reserved