- Manchester United were beaten by Young Boys in their first Champions League group game on Tuesday night
- Cristiano Ronaldo got United’s night off to the perfect start by putting home Bruno Fernandes’ cross early on
- But Aaron Wan-Bissaka was sent off for the Red Devils for a high first-half tackle on Christopher Martins
- Young Boys dominated ever since and Moumi Ngameleu tapped home inside the box with 20 minutes left
- Jesse Lingard’s poor backpass allowed Jordan Siebatcheu to tuck home in the last kick of the game.
Jesse Lingard was the villain for Manchester United as his poor backpass gave Young Boys a last-gasp winner to consign the Red Devils to defeat in their first Champions League game.
In front of a raucous atmosphere at the Wankdorf Stadium in Bern, Cristiano Ronaldo got United’s evening off to the perfect start by netting his third goal in two matches since returning to the club, slotting home after Bruno Fernandes’ exquisite cross.
But the game turned on its head when United’s Aaron Wan-Bissaka received a straight red card for a high challenge on Young Boys’ Christopher Martins. The Swiss side dominated the match ever since.
The second-half saw Young Boys control the entire play, with Moumi Ngameleu poking the Swiss side level by getting ahead of substitute Raphael Varane in the penalty box.