Afriupdate News
Friday, August 29, 2025
  • Home
  • NewsNew
    • Headlines
    • Africa
    • Nigeria
    • National
    • World
    • Politics
  • Life
    • Beauty
    • Culture
    • Entertainment
    • Events
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health & Wellness
    • Love and Relationships
    • Travel and Places
    • Music
    • TV Series
    • What’s New
  • Sports
    • Boxing
    • Football
    • Tennis
    • Other Sports
  • Business
    • Insurance
  • Technology
    • Social media
    • Gadgets
  • Features
    • Guide & Tips
    • Jobs
    • Scholarship
    • Reviews
    • Opinion
  • Submit a News TipGot Tips?
GET NEWS ALARTS
No Result
View All Result
Friday, August 29, 2025
Afriupdate News
No Result
View All Result
Afriupdate News
No Result
View All Result
ALERTS
  • News
  • Headlines
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Features
  • Life
  • Sports
  • Technology
ADVERTISEMENT
Home News Africa

Egypt COVID-19 cases hit 101,500 with 160 new infections

Abraham by Abraham
September 17, 2020
in Africa
0

Egypt reported 160 new COVID-19 infections late on Wednesday, bringing the total cases registered in the country to 101,500.

Meanwhile, 17 patients died from the novel coronavirus on the same day, raising the death toll to 5,696, while 804 others were cured and discharged from hospitals, increasing the total recoveries to 86,549, the health ministry’s spokesman Khaled Megahed said in a statement.

Total recoveries in the most populous Arab country currently exceed 85 percent of the total cases registered in the country.

Egypt announced its first confirmed COVID-19 case on Feb. 14 and the first death from the viral disease on March 8.

MORE FROM AFRIUPDATE

Iraq Seeks Egyptian And Saudi

Iraq Seeks Egyptian And Saudi Investment For Developing New Cities

July 14, 2024
Egypt’s forward #19 Mostafa Mohamed (UP) kicks to score his team’s second goal during the Africa Cup of Nations (CAN) 2024 group B football match between Cape Verde and Egypt at the Felix Houphouet-Boigny Stadium in Abidjan on January 22, 2024. (Photo by FRANCK FIFE / AFP)

Egypt held to Cape Verde draw without Salah but through to AFCON last 16

January 23, 2024
FILE PHOTO: Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi. REUTERS/Vasily Fedosenko/Pool/File Photo

Sisi says Egypt will not allow threats to Somalia

January 21, 2024
Egyptian women queue in front of a polling station to cast their ballots in the presidential election, in downtown Cairo on December 10, 2023. – The vote in the country of nearly 106 million people will run until December 12, with results expected to be announced on December 18. (Photo by Khaled DESOUKI / AFP)

Egyptians head to polls in election likely to give Sisi third term

December 11, 2023
ADVERTISEMENT

Around mid-June, Egypt saw a peak of COVID-19 daily infections and deaths, with a record 97 deaths on June 15 and 1,774 infections on June 19, before the daily figures started to gradually decline in the first week of July.

Egypt has been easing restrictions over the past couple of months as part of a coexistence plan to maintain anti-coronavirus precautionary measures while resuming economic activities.

Earlier on Wednesday, the Egyptian government decided to resume the export of anti-coronavirus medical supplies, such as surgical masks and alcohol derivatives, after it has been halted since March.

Egypt and China have been working together on fighting the pandemic through exchanging medical aid and expertise.

ADVERTISEMENT

In early February, Egypt sent a batch of medical supplies to China to help with its fight against COVID-19 and China later sent three batches of medical aid to the North African country.

Follow our socials Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Google News.

Related topics: COVID-19Egypt
ShareTweetSendShare
ADVERTISEMENT
Next Post
Shoppers, some wearing face masks, walk along Oxford Street in London, England, on September 16, 2020. While the UK continues to edge towards economic recovery some 3,991 new coronavirus cases were recorded today, in what is the highest daily figure in the country since May 8. Prime Minister Boris Johnson meanwhile today told a parliamentary committee that he did not want a second national lockdown as part of the ongoing response to the covid-19 crisis. (Photo by David Cliff/NurPhoto via Getty Images)

North-east of England faces new restrictions amid COVID-19 spike

Zimbabwe steps up efforts to curb illegal trade in ozone depleting substances

Zimbabwe steps up efforts to curb illegal trade in ozone depleting substances

SEGOVIA, SPAIN - MARCH 26: The general secretary of the World Tourism Organization, Zurab Pololikashvili, is seen at the opening act of the WTO Forum on March 26, 2019 in Segovia, Spain. (Photo by Nacho Valverde/Europa Press via Getty Images)

UN Tourism body picks Kenya and Morocco to represent Africa

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact us
  • Advertisement
  • Privacy Policy

© 2023 Afriupdate News. All Rights Reserved

Welcome Back!

Sign In with Google
Sign In with Linked In
OR

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Sign Up with Google
Sign Up with Linked In
OR

Fill the forms bellow to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
  • Sign Up
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Headlines
    • Africa
    • Nigeria
    • National
    • World
    • Politics
  • Life
    • Beauty
    • Culture
    • Entertainment
    • Events
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health & Wellness
    • Love and Relationships
    • Travel and Places
    • Music
    • TV Series
    • What’s New
  • Sports
    • Boxing
    • Football
    • Tennis
    • Other Sports
  • Business
    • Insurance
  • Technology
    • Social media
    • Gadgets
  • Features
    • Guide & Tips
    • Jobs
    • Scholarship
    • Reviews
    • Opinion
  • Submit a News Tip

© 2023 Afriupdate News. All Rights Reserved