The Federal Government N-Power scheme has affirmed the promise made recently by Sadiya Farouq, the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development that the details of the exit package for N-Power beneficiaries “will be shared soon”.
The famed scheme made this known via its official Twitter page while responding to beneficiaries query about what’ the exit package like?
This online news medium understands that Batch A N-Power beneficiaries have been exited from the programme last month, while their Batch B counterparts will be pulled out by this month’s ending.
While the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development has consistently maintained that exit package will be provided to the N-Power beneficiaries they are exiting, their plan has always been vague.
“We have commenced the transitioning of beneficiaries from Batches A and B into government entrepreneurship schemes and engaging private sector bodies to absorb some of the beneficiaries after the completion of psychometric assessment to determine competency and placement into various opportunities,” Said Farouq.
As seen below, this vagueness caused one Twitter user, Anthony Ibeh to ask what the exit package is like. But it looks like the precise answer to that question is not ready – going by the response of the N-Power official Twitter handle.
Not sure we understand what you mean by remaining months.
— N-Power (@npower_ng) July 4, 2020
We had reported that the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development Umar Farouq Sadiya said that the need to provide opportunities for new beneficiaries informed the decision to disengage the batch A and B beneficiaries of the scheme.
“In 48 hours, over 1,000.000 young men and women like you submitted their applications on the portal in their bid to gain an opportunity of participating in the N-Power Programme”. “That opportunity will be denied them if we do not create the space for them to take part,” said the minister.
Farouq added that the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic had thrown a big challenge to the economy just and urged all affected enrollees of the scheme not to see the federal government’s action as punitive.