A plate of small chops is never complete without the sweet and savory presence of Plantain mosa.
Bagging a first-class degree in deliciousness, the plantain mosa remains a food staple at Nigerian events; from birthdays to funerals.
Contrary to unpopular belief, this incredible treat is not enjoyed at events alone. From the comfort of your home, while watching a movie, you could prepare this snack masterpiece in under thirty minutes.
- Slice your plantain and put the pieces along with diced pepper into a blender. Add a little bit of water and yeast before blending.
- Once the mixture looks smooth, pour your flour and salt, and blend again.
- Ensure the texture is smooth and isn’t too thick. Pour the batter into a bowl and cover it, allowing the mixture to rise for about 15-20 minutes.
- While the batter rises, allow your frying pan to heat up then add vegetable oil.
- Noticing the oil is hot, scoop a mixture with a spoon, and pour it into the frying pan. If you don’t feel like a spoon might not give the desired shape, you could use your hands.
- Fry until the mosa turns golden brown.
- Once the batter has finished, drain the oil from the fried mosa.
- Volia! Your snack is ready
Serve with any drink of your choice, and enjoy a hundred percent foodie goodness.