Love some dessert? Try making some ice cream cake.
Here’s all you need to make this sweet goodness:
- Baked chocolate cake
- Powdered sugar
- Whipping cream
- Ice Cream
- Line your cake pan with plastic wrap and place the cake onto it. Make sure to leave some extra at the sides for easy lifting.
- Next, cover the cake layer with some ice cream using a spatula to spread until all areas are covered. Press out air pockets from the ice cream before adding on to the cake.
- Sprinkle some crushed cookies, chocolate chips or brownies.
- Spread some more ice cream onto these crushed bits, smoothing out this second layer.
- Freeze this.
- Combine whipped cream, sugar, and vanilla in a whisking bowl. Which properly until the peak firms up.
- Remove the cake from the freezer and cover it with the whipped cream mix.
- To add some design to the cake, transfer the rest of the whipped cream mixture to a piping bag fitted with a large closed star (846) tip.
- Drip some chocolate on the edge of the cake before going on to pipe a scalloped pattern using the whipped cream mix.
- To serve, remove from the freezer at least 10 minutes before serving. Run your knife under hot water to make cutting the cake a lot easier.