- Barcelona’s president refused to attend the appointment scheduled on Saturday.
- The club is supposedly aware of Real Madrid’s intentions to ‘hi-jack’ the Brazilian.
Barcelona’s president Josep Bartomeu has recently cancelled the appointment scheduled on Saturday, reliable Samuel Marsden from ESPN reports.
He also notes that the commitment wasn’t somehow related to the US market issues.
The reason for the cancellation could well be the upcoming negotiations with Neymar. The club is reportedly aware of Real Madrid’s willingness to propose a solid bid to Paris Saint-Germain and, therefore, Bartomeu could become the key person in the talks.
Earlier reports have also outlined that Bartomeu’s plan was to hold the negotiations personally and to talk to the Brazilian in private.
Here are all the latest details you need to know about Neymar’s transfer:
- Barcelona have been very active over the past week.
- Valverde has given his OK on the signing, the technical staff also approves.
- Bartomeu heads the negotiations.
- Next week Barcelona will go on offensive to finish the signing.
- Neymar’s desire is key, the Brazilian only wants Barca.
- Last week, Barcelona sent an official bid.
- PSG responded with their offer.
- Players that have been mentioned in the deal are: Philippe Coutinho, Ousmane Dembele, Jean-Clair Todibo and Nelson Semedo.
- Barcelona would still prefer a loan with a compulsory buy.