Attorneys in the saga over Elon Musk’s Twitter takeover have asked a Delaware court to dismiss the litigation following the deal’s closure, according to court documents released Monday.
“Yesterday evening, Defendants and Twitter closed the transaction contemplated by the merger agreement dated April 25, 2022,” said the October 28 letter from Musk’s attorney in the case to Judge Kathaleen McCormick.
“In light of this development, Defendants and Twitter have agreed to dismiss their claims and counterclaims as set forth in the stipulation and proposed order of dismissal submitted with this letter.”
Twitter sued Musk in the Delaware court in July after the unpredictable billionaire tried to walk away from the April deal to acquire the social media company for $44 billion.
But with an October trial date looming, Musk revived the deal in early October, ultimately sealing the takeover last week.
After taking over, Musk immediately dismissed senior Twitter leaders and said he would appoint a “content moderation council.”